Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. How it works is that each Tuesday the host assigns a topic and then posts their top ten list that fits the topic. Every blogger can create their own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well and link to the host’s. The topic for October 9th, 2018 is: Longest Books I’ve Read. There are several different ways to interpret this but I’m going with the most straight-forward one. I read books in several different formats, so it’s tough to compare those. Instead, I’ll be listing the top ten books that felt like they were long to me as I read them rather than look up and compare page counts on Goodreads. Also, I’m only going to mention a book from a series just once.
1. The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
2. The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
4. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
5. Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
6. A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab
7. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
8. The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch
9. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
10. The Golem’s Eye by Jonathan Stroud
What are some of the longest books you’ve enjoyed? What is the longest book you’ve read in your favourite genre? Do you have any long series/book recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments section below.